Young Leaders are professionals in their twenties and thirties who want to work to make our community better through philanthropy, volunteerism and advocacy with United Way of Greater Cleveland. Our mission is to make a positive and lasting impact by helping those in need in our community and participating in activities that will create a better future for all of us.
To do this we will:
- Connect young professionals who are committed to their community with one another
- Provide opportunities for young professionals to Serve their community through volunteerism
- Provide educational opportunities to empower young professionals to Lead
CBC Magazine recently interviewed former Young Leaders Co-Chairs Andrea Timan and Carmen Edgehouse.
Read the article "United Way Builds Squadron of Emerging Professionals" here.
As a Young Leaders member you'll join other young professionals from the corporate, government and public sectors who have a desire to help those less fortunate and a commitment to give their time and talent to improve our entire community through the Young Leaders' four pillars:
• To UNITE young professionals
• To EDUCATE our community about philanthropy
• To VOLUNTEER our time and efforts
• To LEAD long-term initiatives for United Way
When you join Young Leaders, you will:
Benefits and opportunities to your organization...
- Meet corporate and community leaders and other young professionals that will help you grow both professionally and in philanthropy
- Have the unique opportunity to participate in the Speakers Series, where many of our community's most prominent leaders share their secrets for success and insights about balancing their professional demands with a fulfilling personal life
- Experience the rewards of volunteering and giving.
- Choose from a variety of opportunities to serve our community, ranging from planning a fundraising event to participating in a Day of Caring at a local agency
- Be recognized by United Way of Greater Cleveland, your employer and community leaders
Benefits and opportunities to United Way...
- Improve the leadership skills of valued employees
- Enhance goodwill and community exposure
- Develop additional resources with new ideas and energy for employee campaigns
- Earn recognition as a community leader/stakeholder
- Increase the volunteer base
- Foster, encourage and support future community leaders
- Increase the number and level of contributors
- Increase awareness in the business community
If you would like more information, or to find out how you or your organization can become more involved in Young Leaders, please contact your United Way representative or Audrey Houseman at 216-436-2129, or email@example.com.