Effective change requires everyone’s help to increase awareness.
We don’t just ask people to give. While influencing programs, funding and legislation is at the heart of what we do, we also facilitate conversations on how to meet community needs, create innovative public-private partnerships that deliver effective services, and educate the community about the impact of human services funding.
Breaking the cycles of poverty, dropouts and poor health in Greater Cleveland depends on engaging the entire community. Our goal is to bring together all our partners: business, labor, non-profits, and advocates – to help find common ground to advance the common good. We must work together to ensure that our priorities are heard, that our community is represented, that good ideas are funded and that failing policies are questioned.
LIVE UNITED by becoming an advocate for Education, Income and Health issues that matter to you. Help bring about positive change. Get informed, find your voice, spread the word.
Top 10 simple things you can do to help.
- Encourage a person in need to call 2-1-1.
- Tell your family and friends about United Way and what we do.
- Wear a LIVE UNITED t-shirt.
- Be informed about local issues and pressing needs in our community.
- Use social media to create awareness with your family, friends and networks about a cause you care about and encourage their involvement. Share. Tweet. Post. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep informed of current causes in our community.
- If you’re passionate about an issue, write a letter to the editor.
- Learn more about United Way’s public policy advocacy.
- Contact your elected officials about an Education, Income or Health issue.
- Register to vote in the county where you reside.
- Request a speaker for your workplace or social club and learn more about how United Way helps advance the common good for people in Greater Cleveland.
Join us and help set the stage for real and lasting change to improve people’s lives and strengthen the Greater Cleveland community.