Director, Education, Community Impact
PURPOSE OF POSTION:
This position reports to the Director, Community Impact Operations and is responsible for leading community-wide education initiatives and advancing selected strategies that further United Way’s community impact education agenda. This position is also responsible for providing staff support and project management, and coordinating activities including: engaging the community around the priorities; implementing the community impact strategies; supporting work groups, as necessary, to achieve the objectives; providing programmatic technical assistance to funded agencies; and establishing, measuring and evaluating the Education community and program outcomes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively manage internal and external work that promotes achievement of the identified Community Impact outcomes. Identify organizations and key constituents as potential partners for collaborative efforts to achieve community outcomes; lead effort to recruit those partners; and facilitate and lead collaborative efforts.
- Work with the VP of Strategy and Engagement to identify public policy strategies and opportunities that support system change, funding opportunities, and advocacy partnerships.
- Manage full cycle grant contract process, working closely with private and public sector funders.
- Identify and implement strategies, initiatives, and programs that could contribute to achieving selected community outcomes. Collaborate with staff, community partners, volunteers and other constituents in determining common measurement strategies for agreed upon community outcomes. Influence community partners to incorporate goals and strategies into their efforts.
- Actively collect and analyze data on programs, outcomes, and progress related to the identified education initiatives. Develop and distribute detailed reporting on educational programs.
- Build networks and strong relationships that will advance select education strategies and community-wide initiatives, with United Way Worldwide, local United Ways, and other national organizations, partners and stakeholders that can support the advancement of local education efforts.
- Staff volunteer committees, facilitate volunteer engagement and motivate team towards fulfilling United Way’s community objectives.
- Create detailed proposals, coordinate proposal submission, and review activities leading to funding decisions.
- Package community investments for marketing to potential individual and corporate donors.
- Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned
Ongoing working relationship with the CEO and leadership-level staff of United Way, other Directors, and associate staff. Frequent contact with volunteers, nonprofit executives, representatives of local government, and members of the United Way Board of Directors.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A combination of education and experience represented by a Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Ten (10) or more years of progressively responsible experience in a nonprofit or social service organization is required.
- Extensive experience in grant writing and review, as well as grant contract management.
- Knowledge of community service concepts and best practices related to education is desirable.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills
- Financial analysis skills
- Expertise in outcome measurement and volunteer management required.
- Experience in organizing and leading collaborative initiatives with other agencies and organizations.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resumes with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Cleveland, OH 44115
Date Posted: 07/23/2015
Hours per week: 37.5