My name is Allison Taller Reich, a construction attorney at Frantz Ward, LLP, and co-chair, along with Kyle Roggenburk, district sales manager, American Greetings Corporation, of the United Way Young Leaders cabinet. I’ve been a cabinet member for several years and have been involved with United Way and Young Leaders prior to that.
It’s Valentine’s Day, the season of love and the ideal time to share the things I LOVE about United Way of Greater Cleveland:
1. Every year, the campaign videos make me cry happy tears and I feel inspired by the people United Way serves in our community!
2. Whether the Annual Campaign Kickoff & Pancake Flip is at a Cleveland school or downtown, the event shows how many community members support United Way. Did I mention the pancakes are yummy?!
3. United Way’s ability and expertise to research the community in order to spend my donation where it is most needed and can do the most good.
4. Learning about all the amazing agencies and nonprofits in the United Way network and all the ways they help and support children, individuals and families in the Greater Cleveland community.
5. My fellow Young Leaders cabinet members and their enthusiasm and energy at our morning meetings.
6. United Way’s work to improve education, income, and health in our community.
7. Volunteering at United Way agencies and nonprofits and seeing the lasting impact the programs have in the lives of so many.
8. Fall Ball. Young Leaders’ signature fundraiser, held annually in October, which is always an amazingly fun time.
9. Our Young Leaders Speakers Series, lunches and presentations/conversations with executives at some of Cleveland’s greatest companies, nonprofits, and organizations including the Cavaliers, Indians, Browns, American Greetings and Cleveland Clinic to name a few.
10. Spending time with like-minded people in the community, of all ages and backgrounds, who truly care about other people and our community – it’s inspiring.
11. United Way’s wonderful, helpful, supportive and friendly staff members.