Pull up a chair and join us at the public policy table

Anne FeleppelleWe’re so fortunate to live in a generous community with a strong history of philanthropy, a vast network of great organizations, and an army of caring volunteers and advocates who are making a difference in the lives of others.

While philanthropy provides critical funding for health and social services, did you know government funding provides the lion’s share? According to an analysis by The Center for Community Solutions, 25 percent of every dollar invested in health and social services in Cuyahoga County comes from philanthropy, while the remaining 75 percent comes from local, state and federal government funding.

Real change in our community requires more than funding. It requires tackling the source, not just the symptoms of our community challenges. The government is a critical partner and decision maker to help make real change.

United Way AdvocateA lot of people share United Way’s passion about things like education, financial stability and health. That’s why we’re working with our community partners to galvanize people to speak up and advocate for change. In addition to local government, our United Way network is represented in every congressional district across the country and every legislative district throughout Ohio. By working together, we can ensure our community is represented, our priorities are heard, good ideas are funded and ineffective policies are questioned.

If you’re passionate about kids succeeding in school, reducing poverty or improving health, please check out our public policy agenda to see what we care about.

And if you want to help make a difference — but aren’t sure how — simply sign up to receive advocacy alerts on priority issues we all care about. Meaningful advocacy is as simple as making a phone call or sending an email to your elected official. We promise to make it easy for you, and it won’t cost you anything more than a few minutes of your time.

As the saying goes, “If you’re not at the policy table, you’re on the menu.” I invite you to pull up a chair and join us at the United Way table. Become a part of the solution. Our community needs your help to amplify our message.

Latest News

Teenage book lover collects 25,000 books for needy kids
Read More
Parents swimming with Child - Photo used from United Way Worldwide post
3 Ways to Keep Kids Safe this Summer
Read More
Heroes Unite Cleveland Community Celebration featuring Welshly Arms
Why? United Way Heroes Unite!
Read More
Read All News