Fall Ball is the annual fundraiser for United Way’s Young Leaders. This year’s event is at the House of Blues Saturday, October 17, and the theme is Rock the Red Carpet. But what fall trend should attendees “rock”?
Autumn is often the equivalent of trendy styles and many are suitable for Fall Ball’s semi formal atmosphere.
- Handbags, shoes and dresses all come adorned in fringe and add a touch of playfulness to your outfit.
- History repeats itself and this season flash backs to the 70s with high waists and flare trousers.
- Swap the pastel colors for darker hues. Floral blouses or maxi and skater skirts are popular for autumn in shades of green, navy and violet.
- Shades of green are popular this fall, especially olive tones.
- Turtlenecks are versatile. Wear one to Fall Ball in any color or pattern and it can be worn alone or paired with a blazer.
- Plaid is also a versatile, trendy style this fall. Patterned shirts, jackets and slacks are sure to add interest to your Fall Ball attire.
Since we’re talking trends, here’s a startling one. Did you know kids from low-income households are less likely to read at grade level and more at risk of dropping out of high school than their counterparts born to parents with moderate to high incomes? That’s why Young Leaders are devoting time, voice and dollars (including all proceeds from Fall Ball) to close the low-income achievement gap in our community. Young Leaders have made this commitment to Greater Cleveland.
So, before you figure out what to wear, join us in this important cause. Purchase a single ticket for $95 or a pair for $175. Keep your eye out for a flash sale this weekend!
For the second year in a row, Fall Ball features music by DJ Steph Floss plus hors d’oeuvres and endless cocktails. And United Way Young Leaders have teamed up with Uber for discount rides (use code UWGC) and the Hyatt Hotel for discounted room rates.
Check out this video of last year’s event!
We hope to see you October 17 rockin’ the red carpet in your favorite fall fashion trend and supporting Young Leaders’ community commitment!